House of the Pigeons
The House of the Pigeons. The Name was given because the fretwork of the cresting resembles a pigeon house. At the centre of the cluster, there is a patio which was surrounded by palace-like buildings, of which only a part of the North building remains. On it one can observe a cresting made up of nine stepped triangular units with fretwork resting upon a row of pillars which used to be covered with painted stucco bas-reliefs representing human figures reclining on pedestals. V. Segovia investigated the astronomical functions of this building which dates between 900 – 1000 A.D.